Insulation InstallMake your attic energy efficient.
Conserve Energy in Your Home With the Attic Insulation Experts
When it comes to keeping your home as warm as possible, there is no better way to conserve heat than ensuring your home’s attic insulation is adequate.
Since heat rises, an uninsulated attic is simply inviting heat to escape your home, while placing a thick layer of insulation in an attic can transform a home into a cozy haven.
How Attic Insulation Works
Insulating an attic can improve your home’s environment in a number of ways.
- Maintaining your home’s temperature
- Improving air flow
- Protecting against heat loss or radiating heat
Removal & Sealing
For homeowners with old, ineffective insulation sitting in their attics, our first recommendation is to remove the old insulation safely and cleanly. Large debris and fiberglass batt insulation is bagged by hand, while the remaining loose debris and insulation is vacuumed to the outside of your home. After removal of the old insulation, we can seal air penetration points between the conditioned and unconditioned spaces.
Studies have shown that insulating an attic is the single most effective step a homeowner can take toward saving energy.
After removing old insulation we then install a generous layer of new insulation to all parts of the attic. While several kinds of insulation are available for your attic, our company uses the most sustainable 100% borate treated Cellulose. By installing tape measure sticks throughout the attic we ensure that your insulation is blown to the proper height to reach the correct R-value.
Attic Insulation and its Impact on You and Your Home
- Lower Utility Bills – While attic insulation can be beneficial for a variety of reasons, you may find easing the burden on your wallet a good enough reason for insulating your attic. After attic insulation, homeowners noticed that their energy bills dropped by 20-30 percent, while in some cases, up to 50 percent savings were also seen. With attic insulation, you can maintain a certain degree of cool air during summers. As a result, your air conditioner’s workload decreases, which in turn consumes a lesser amount of energy.
- Improved Air Flow – Do you have to regularly call HVAC services for your HVAC systems? Are you unsatisfied with the standard of cooling and heating in your home? Poorly insulated homes are one of the reasons behind the subpar quality of heating and cooling. As your air conditioner or the furnace has to toil harder for the provision of cool and hot air, the HVAC’s component slowly and gradually deteriorate with the passage of time. As a consequence, your HVAC’s life span decreases while its maintenance costs escalate.
- Attic insulation – Provides the cool air in summers to rise and distribute easily and nullifies the hot air by trapping it.
Get Your Free Estimate
Crawl Pros is proud to be a certified member of several Northwest utility programs offering insulation rebates and savings.
Watch the CrawlPros team remove, clean, seal and install new insulation in a residential attic.
Save on heating & cooling your home.
Let Crawl Pros find ways to eliminate wasted energy costs.