Blown-in attic insulation cost averages around $1,500, with most homeowners spending between $1,000 and $2,000. This is dependent, of course, on the size of the home and the time and amount of insulation required to complete the job.
These costs can be offset, however, by savings on your energy bill. Costs are further offset by Puget Sound Energy’s rebate offer of up to $700-$1000 for updating your insulation.
Crawl Pros is proud to be a certified member of Puget Sound Energy’s Contractor Alliance Network. We are also a participating partner of Tacoma Power’s Weatherization Program.
For Puget Sound Energy customers, eligible jobs can receive rebates in the following amounts on insulation upgrades. Contact Crawl Pros to see if you may qualify for the below incentives:
- Floor Insulation (R-11 to R-30): 50% of the cost, up to $200
- Attic Insulation (R-11 to R-49): 50% of the cost, up to $600
- Wall Insulation (R-0 to R-13): 50% of the cost, up to $400
- Duct Insulation & Sealing (R-0 to R-11): 50% of the cost, up to $400
- Whole House Air Sealing 50% of the cost, up to $350
Additional information: Snohomish County PUD weatherization rebates
Cascade Natural Gas Washington Conservation Incentive Program
The Crawl Pros’s Attic Insulation Solution
There are several common ways to insulate the attic, crawl space or walls of a home. One of the most common attic insulation techniques is to use blown-in insulation. Blown-in insulation is efficient and has a faster install time frame than batt or rolled insulation thus reducing your overall attic insulation cost.
Blown-in insulation is considered environmentally sensitive and is mainly made from recycled newspapers or fiberglass which is considered rapidly renewable. Other advantages of blown-in attic insulation include:
- It provides added longevity for your roof and shingles. Making sure you have the adequate amount of attic insulation creates a properly conditioned attic space. A properly conditioned attic reduces the strain of heat on roof sheathing that causes shingles to fail earlier than their warrantied lifetime.
- Proper attic insulation can decrease your energy bills. The purpose of blown-in insulation is to insulate by filling crevices and cavities of attic space. Batt (or rolled) insulation can not provide this level of coverage. Blown-in attic insulation creates a tight fit for little air gaps in the roof and eaves of the home. The filling reduces the energy needed for a furnace to heat or an air conditioner to cool the home.
- Proper attic insulation serves as a vapor retarder and moisture barrier. Blown-in insulation that is installed correctly can reduce moisture in the attic and throughout the home. Maintaining a low moisture environment in the home heads off mold buildup, which can sometimes lead to dangerous black mold. It also helps regulate the amount of dust and particles that can be triggered by furnace and air conditioner operation.
We know you have choices when you are considering attic insulation. Crawl Pros are experts at adding or updating insulation in Northwest homes and have completed this type of work in hundreds of homes in the Greater Seattle, Tacoma and Portland areas.
Crawl Pros is honored to be a four time Angie’s List Super Service award recipient. We have hundreds of positive reviews on Yelp, Google and our website. Please click below to read some praise from our customers.
Please give us a call today at 866-673-9626 to discuss your attic insulation needs. We look forward to providing you a free estimate.