Duct Sealing & InsulationGet efficiency & protection for your duct work.
Save On Heating & Cooling Costs
Duct sealing and insulation is an effective way to dramatically improve heating and cooling efficiency as well as easing the burden on your pocketbook. Did you know you could save up to 20 percent on your utility bills by simply making sure your ducts are leak-proof and well insulated? It’s true, and Crawl Pros can do it all, from sealing to insulating and replacing entire portions of your duct work.
Duct Sealing and Insulation – What We Do
During our initial consultation to evaluate your duct sealing and insulation situation, the estimator will access the duct work to see if it is in need of being replaced or repaired. At this time our estimators will let you know if you qualify any utility rebates.
When the crew comes out to do the job, our professional team will go section-by-section throughout your house perform duct sealing and insulation and, if necessary, replacing your duct work to utility company standards.
- Removing any old insulation and tape that may be on the ducts
- Securing ducts with screws and sealing all joints with mastic. Mastic is a flexible sealant that contracts and expands with your ducts and will never come off, unlike tape
- Replacing any duct lines or joints that are too damaged to be sealed with mastic or other traditional methods
- Finally, Installers will spiral wrap the ducts, to building code, with R-11 insulation. They will then spiral nylon string/fiber tape around the insulation to permanently hold it in place
Things to consider when addressing your duct work:
- Duct work is the delivery system of your home
- Insulating ducts reduces the load on your furnace
- You can save 35-40% off your energy bill
- If not sealed, ducts can become contaminated with rodents
- Rodents might nest on uninsulated duct work
It Makes Financial Sense
Enduring another winter with leaky air ducts is only going to result in higher utility bills. If you use your ducts in the summer to cool your home, this is all the more reason to insulate your ducts. Because 20 to 60 percent of air leakage in a home occurs within the air ducts, some utility companies do offer rebates.
Duct work is a favorite nesting place for rodents. Rodents carry at least 35 different diseases that could be harmful to your family and pets.
Get Your Free Estimate
Crawl Pros is proud to be a certified member of several Northwest utility programs offering insulation rebates and savings.
Use duct sealing and insulation to improve the efficiency of your home.
Get the most out of your duct work.
Let Crawl Pros help you lower your energy bills today!