If your home in Redmond has a crawl space, you should inspect the area for mold. Having mold under your home might be a disturbing thought, but most homeowners aren’t aware of the true dangers. Even just a little mold in your crawl space can pose a health risk to the occupants of your home. Just as bad, mold can eat away at the structure of your home and impact your property value.
For these reasons, it’s important to identify mold in your Redmond crawl space, learn how you can prevent these problems, and understand what to do if you already have an issue. Be sure to reach out to the team at Crawl Pros if you have any specific concerns or questions.
Types of Mold in Crawl Spaces
If you stick your head inside your crawl space and it smells musty, you probably have a mold issue. Some of the different types of mold you might find include:
- White Mold – You’ll often find this type of mold on exposed floor joists and soil.
- Black Mold – This type of mold can trigger allergic reactions and can even be hazardous.
- Yellow Mold – This type is something referred to as “house-eating mold” because it feeds on wood structures.
Preventing Mold in Your Crawl Space
If you don’t have mold in your crawl space yet or have just gotten rid of some mold, you certainly don’t want to deal with these problems in the future. Here are some tips for preventing mold in your home’s crawl space:
- Make sure there are no cracks in your home’s foundation where water and moisture can enter.
- Point gutters and downspouts at least six feet away from your home to prevent water accumulation.
- Check for adequate ventilation in your crawl space.
- Inspect existing insulation for any moisture issues.
- Look for leaks around plumbing components and HVAC ducts.
- Make sure dryer vents terminate outside the home and not in the crawl space.
- Ensure that there is a proper vapor barrier in your crawl space.
Crawl Space Mold Removal in Redmond
If you have mold in your Redmond crawl space, there probably isn’t a safe or effective DIY solution. One of the common mistakes that homeowners make is attempting to eliminate mold in one part of the home and then unintentionally spreading the issue to other parts of the space.
At Crawl Pros, our professional mold removal and remediation technicians take extra care to prevent mold cross-contamination. Not only will we safely and effectively remove the mold from your crawl space, but we will also replace any damaged insulation as part of our service.
Contact us today for a free estimate or with any questions about our services.