Recent Crawl Pros Projects - Attic Insulation
Attic Clean Out and Re-insulation - December 2018, Kent, Washington
This Crawl Pros job was a full attic clean out and re-Insulation covering approximately 2098 square feet.
For this job the following work was completed by our technicians:
- Technicians prepared the house for work by laying plastic over floors and furniture in path to access hatch.
- Corners in work area were wrapped with cardboard.
- Installed an air scrubber and exhaust to the outside to minimize dust.
- Technicians completely cleaned out and hauled away existing insulation, feces, and construction debris.
- Sanitized the attic with fogging treatment and sealed points of entry to prevent rodent from gaining access into attic.
- Rescreened the vents as needed and also air-sealed penetration points around wires and plumbing.
- Two new bathroom vents were installed and fan roof jacks and connect to fans with rigid ducting.
- Installed a new AR-50 roof jack to increase ventilation.
- Installed baffles.
- Installed 100% borate treated loose fill cellulose to R-49.
- Wrapped skylights and rigid furnace ducts with new fiberglass batted insulation.